My first time attending one of these ‘writer’s meetings’ and I must say it was quite entertaining. To me, what I took out of it was that
1. Ameena Hussein is a lovely person.
2. Sam Perera can be annoying when on the defense but quite the gentleman otherwise.
3. Ashok Ferry is a better entertainer than a writer. In fact, Rajpal Abeynayake is funnier than Ferry.
4. Sivamohan Sumathy is an arrogant bitch with an acute inferiority complex.
5. Liyanage Amarakeerthi is one of the best Sinhala poets I’ve had the privilege to hear.
6. Vihanga Perera is like Luke Skywalker, too good for his own good.
7. Malinda Seneviratne needs to get over the colonials for stealing his loot and making his great great grandfather cut sugar cane.
8. Marlon Ariyasinghe was the best upcoming poet, someone to watch out for!
9. Shehan Karunathilaka, though not there in person, was awesome.
10. Juliet Coombe kicks arse!